Monday, August 06, 2007

Digital Emotions

Title seems a bit unusual, but I think it fits in. Friendship day has just passed, whole day SMSes kept ringing. Everyone was wishing everyone “Happy Friendship Day” even to those who are hardly in touch or cannot be considered friends. Same happens on Valentine Day. It appears more of a fashionable activity than emotions.

Did you ever noticed, life has been reduced to a keyboard, be it computer, laptop, mobile or television. Keys and keys alone hold the key. So busy we are that we remember friends/relatives only on friendship day or birthday and when we do, an SMS or a forwarded mail does the job. When we have time we are hooked to these keys: games, photos. What the heck! In the middle of a hectic schedule I remember an old friend and scores of things I wanted to say. But it takes courage to make a call, work is first and last thing in mind so it’s easy to type an SMS and push “OK”.

I wonder if there are really emotions left, I doubt myself. But I must admit, life has become comparatively easier and less burdensome without emotions. Chatting is outdated, Orkut is new passion, I make friends as many as I can (so that I can boast them), scrap the people whom I don’t know and they don’t care for me, and I think I have friends. No emotions needed, if I don’t like the person I can just ignore him. If I don’t feel OK, just log off, no more interested, delete mails, don’t reply. No emotional burden. Its easy, no arguments, no heart breaks, no pains.

Life has become smooth as there’s no sense of loss and nothing to claim. Gone those days when fear of loosing loved ones kept relationship alive. Logoff from one site and you can find two more on some other; it’s quite easy to make new/true friends! (Actually I wanted to say “it’s quite easy to flirt”). The dangerous thing is that we are not feeling the vacuum. Everything’s becoming electronic! Technology has made life painless. I remember a viva during graduation; examiner asked me the difference between machines and human beings. Obvious answer was machines don’t have emotions. Now I wonder if humans have!

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyy buddy, there are ppl who really cares...hopw this will give u some insight.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home